The Office of International Programs serves hundreds of patients from more than 75 countries from around the world, offering customized services to meet their cultural, religious and linguistic needs.
Our bilingual and culturally diverse team is dedicated to meeting our international patients’ medical and nonmedical needs. We serve as a single point of contact before, during and after a patient’s experience at UChicago Medicine. Our priority is to help patients through their health care journey and make Chicago feel as close to home as possible.
Care coordination services offered to international patients include:
- Clinical triage and management of care by experienced medical directors
- Scheduling medical appointment(s)
- Escort patients to medical appointments
- Medical interpretation for over 50 languages
- Arranging equipment and/or home care
- Follow up appointment(s) scheduling
- Medication consolidation and prescription delivery to hotel/apartments in Chicago
- Discharge planning and continuity of care with home country physicians
Non-clinical services offered to international patients include:
- Transportation arrangement to and from medical appointments and airport pickup/drop off
- Assistance with opening bank accounts, obtaining cell phone services and more
- Lodging arrangements with local hotels, apartments and corporate units at discounted rates
- Assistance with cultural orientation
The Office of International Programs
The Office of International Programs is responsible for coordinating the care for international patients, collaborating with global partners on consulting/advisory services, and developing global education programs.International Programs
Why Choose UChicago Medicine
We are advancing the forefront of health every day by bringing research to reality and advanced care closer to our patients. Welcome to the forefront.
Awards & Accreditations
UChicago Medicine is continually recognized as a leader in medicine — both in patient care and research. For more than 100 years, we’ve been recognized for our groundbreaking research, leading-edge treatments and innovative care.
Centers of Excellence
UChicago Medicine is one of the nation's leading academic medical institutions, with many of the world's best physicians. We have been at the forefront of medical care since 1927, when we first opened to patients.
History Of UChicago Medicine
The University of Chicago Medicine has been reinventing healthcare since 1927. We were determined to provide the best care possible, and has been expanding and growing for nearly two hundred years, including:
- Pritzker School of Medicine, which is regularly ranked among the top medical schools in the United States
- University of Chicago Biological Sciences Division, which boasts 12 Nobel Prize winners in physiology and medicine are affiliated
- UChicago Medicine, which opened the Center for Care and Discovery in 2013. The $700 million, 10-story specialty medical facility focuses on cancer, digestive diseases, neurosciences, advanced surgery and high-tech medical imaging
Quality & Safety
At UChicago Medicine, providing highly effective, safe patient care is central to everything we do. Here, teams of experts work together to ensure we follow the highest standards for quality care — from preventing infections and continuously improving surgical care to achieving high success rates and patient volumes for even the most complex procedures.
Research & Innovation
UChicago Medicine is home to physicians who are pioneers in their fields, bringing research to reality and making the extraordinary possible. From breakthroughs in immunotherapy to game-changing orthopaedics, we bring you the most advanced health care treatments.
International Program Articles
Please complete this secure form. The information you provide will enable us to assist you as efficiently as possible. A representative will contact you within 24 hours to help you schedule an appointment.
Please note that electronic request form is not for same- or next-day appointments. If you prefer to speak to someone directly, please call +1-773-702-0506. If you have symptoms of an urgent nature, please call your doctor or go to the emergency room immediately.
* Required Field