UChicago Faculty Physicians who provide services at UChicago Medicine Ingalls Memorial are not employees or agents of UChicago Medicine Ingalls Memorial.
Shari Snow, MD, is an expert in the management of women's health and provides care from puberty through menopause, treating menstrual disorders, fibroids, endometriosis, menopause and hereditary cancer syndromes.
In addition to her general gynecologic expertise, Dr. Snow has a particular interest in minimally invasive surgery, including laparoscopic and robotic hysterectomy, myomectomy and the laparoscopic treatment of pelvic diseases. As a certified robotic surgery expert, Dr. Snow performs complex gynecologic procedures using the latest techniques and technology. Along with her robotic proficiency, she also focuses on alternative treatment solutions to hysterectomies, including medication, uterine ablation, myomectomy and hysteroscopic procedures.
Dr. Snow is a Certified Menopause Practitioner of the North American Menopause Society (NAMS), with expertise in management of menopausal symptoms, including easing a woman’s transition into menopause using hormonal and non-hormonal treatments.
Dr. Snow has a strong clinical interest in Hereditary Cancer Syndromes, such as Hereditary Breast and Ovarian Cancer Syndrome caused by the BRCA genes, and other genetic and familial risks for cancer. She is an expert in screening technologies, medications and surgical procedures to decrease the risk of cancer in patients with a strong family history of cancer.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
Memberships & Medical Societies
- American Association of Gynecology Laparoscopists
- North American Menopause Society
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine
- Northwestern Medicine
News & ResearchView Published Papers
- Aetna HMO (specialists only)
- Aetna POS
- Aetna PPO
- BCBS Blue Precision HMO (specialists only)
- BCBS HMO (HMOI) (specialists only)
- BCBS PPO
- Cigna HMO
- Cigna POS
- Cigna PPO
- CountyCare *see insurance page
- Aetna Better Health *see insurance page
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- United Choice Plus POS/PPO
- United Options (PPO)
- United Select (HMO & EPO) (specialists only)
- United W500 Emergent Wrap
- Aetna Medicare Advantage HMO & PPO
- BCBS Medicare Advantage HMO & PPO
- Humana Medicare Advantage Choice PPO
- Humana Medicare Advantage Gold Choice PFFS
- Humana Medicare Advantage Gold Plus HMO
- United Choice HMO (specialists only)
- University of Chicago Health Plan (UCHP)
Our list of accepted insurance providers is subject to change at any time. You should contact your insurance company to confirm UChicago Medicine participates in their network before scheduling your appointment. If your insurance company is not listed here, or if you have any other questions, please contact Managed.Care@uchospitals.edu.
To Request an Appointment
Duchossois Center for Advanced Medicine (DCAM) - Hyde Park
UChicago Medicine River East
To Refer a PatientRefer a Patient
At The Forefront Live: Fibroids and Endometriosis Explained
Minimally invasive gynecologic surgeons Shari Snow, MD, Laura Douglass, MD, and Sandra Laveaux, MD, MPH, discuss fibroids and endometriosis. Both conditions can cause severe pelvic pain and heavy bleeding, but are decidedly different.