Monica Christmas, MD, offers comprehensive obstetric and gynecologic care from a patient’s initial exam through her childbearing years and menopause. She is committed to providing thorough, high-quality and compassionate gynecologic and obstetric care. Dr. Christmas practices in all areas of general gynecology with special interests in the management of uterine fibroids, abnormal uterine bleeding and irregular menses.
Dr. Christmas is the director of the Center for Women's Integrated Health. She has extensive experience in benign gynecologic surgery, including robotic and laparoscopic techniques, hysterectomy, myomectomy, sterilization and office-based procedures. She is also a Certified Menopause Practitioner of the North American Menopause Society (NAMS).
Dr. Christmas takes a holistic approach to patient care, exploring traditional and non-traditional treatment options. Her patients have consistently rated her highly for excellence and compassion. She is also involved in the training of residents and medical students.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
Memberships & Medical Societies
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Rush University Medical College
- Rush University Medical Center
News & Research
In this video interview, Dr. Christmas discusses how healthcare providers can help women navigate the perimenopause transition.
In this article, Dr. Christmas and other experts explain less common signs and symptoms of endometriosis.
View Published Papers
- Aetna HMO (specialists only)
- Aetna POS
- Aetna PPO
- BCBS Blue Precision HMO (specialists only)
- BCBS HMO (HMOI) (specialists only)
- BCBS PPO
- Cigna HMO
- Cigna POS
- Cigna PPO
- CountyCare *see insurance page
- Aetna Better Health *see insurance page
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- United Choice Plus POS/PPO
- United Options (PPO)
- United Select (HMO & EPO) (specialists only)
- United W500 Emergent Wrap
- Aetna Medicare Advantage HMO & PPO
- BCBS Medicare Advantage HMO & PPO
- Humana Medicare Advantage Choice PPO
- Humana Medicare Advantage Gold Choice PFFS
- Humana Medicare Advantage Gold Plus HMO
- United Choice HMO (specialists only)
- University of Chicago Health Plan (UCHP)
Our list of accepted insurance providers is subject to change at any time. You should contact your insurance company to confirm UChicago Medicine participates in their network before scheduling your appointment. If your insurance company is not listed here, or if you have any other questions, please contact Managed.Care@uchospitals.edu.
UChicago Medicine Orland Park
Duchossois Center for Advanced Medicine (DCAM) - Hyde Park
To Refer a PatientRefer a Patient
At The Forefront Live: Menopause, Cancer & Sex
Gynecologists Stacy Tessler Lindau, MD, and Monica Christmas, MD, spoke with us in an honest conversation about menopause, sexual function as one ages, and how cancer can affect one's sex life.