Partnering With You for Prenatal Care
At the Family Birth Center, doctors, midwives and obstetric nurses offer more than medical expertise. Our team is genuinely interested in coaching you through a healthy pregnancy and an optimized childbirth experience.
Prenatal care is available at each of our Family Birth Center locations.
During your prenatal appointments, we encourage you and your spouse, partner or co-parent to feel comfortable asking questions.
Our goals are to:
- Monitor your and your baby's health during pregnancy, exploring every possible opportunity to support healthy fetal development
- Help you understand physical and emotional changes you may experience during pregnancy
- Help you prepare for and understand what you might expect during labor and your child's birth
Most expectant moms start with monthly prenatal visits. Usually, we can schedule the first fetal ultrasound as early as seven to eight weeks, giving you an exciting first peek at your little one. Throughout your pregnancy, our specialists conduct common prenatal tests to assess your health and your baby's development. If we detect a high-risk condition in you or your baby, we'll connect you with our team of maternal-fetal medicine experts for diagnostic assessment and specialized risk management care.
Prenatal visits usually increase to twice a month between weeks 28 and 34, then weekly until you go into labor. The appointment schedule can vary on an individual basis.
If you have questions between visits, please do not hesitate to call your care team:
At Family Birth Center - Hyde Park
Call us at 773-834-2229, or send a message online using the MyChart patient portal.
At Family Birth Center - Harvey
Call us at 708-915-CARE (708-915-2273).
- Bring a list of your questions you have about pregnancy and childbirth.
- Know the start date of your last period.
- Be prepared to discuss personal and family health history for both biological parents.
- Bring a list of your current medications.
- Bring your immunization record.
- Bring your insurance card.
- If you started prenatal care at a different hospital or birth center, bring your medical records.
Video Visits and Online Scheduling
For your convenience and safety, we offer secure and easy virtual visits for many of your gynecologic and obstetric needs. Our care providers can assess your symptoms, make a diagnosis, recommend treatment and send prescriptions to your pharmacy.
Find Prenatal Care with an Obstetrician or Midwife Near You
New Lenox, IL 60451 1-888-824-0200
Prenatal & Family Classes at the Family Birth Center
The Family Birth Center - Hyde Park offers a selection of prenatal and family classes, including several free classes. Especially if this is your first pregnancy — and even if it isn't — we encourage you and your spouse, partner or co-parent to take prenatal classes and a birth center tour. We also offer classes to help siblings and grandparents prepare for your little one's arrival.