The Family Birth Center offers two classes designed to help you prepare for and cope through common challenges you may experience during your newborn's first few months.
The Fourth Trimester: Physical Recovery After Birth
This class is offered during pregnancy to help you understand and prepare for:
- What to expect after delivery
- How to care for yourself after vaginal and cesarean delivery
- Signs and symptoms of postpartum complications
This free class is taught by obstetrician/gynecologist Nicole Leong, MD.
From Pregnancy to Parenting: Emotional Well-Being During This Important Transition
Offered during or after pregnancy, the goals of this class is designed to:
- Discuss emotional health and wellness during the transition from pregnancy to parenting
- Explore myths related to postpartum mental health
- Discuss signs and symptoms of common postpartum mental health issues
- Tips and strategies for emotional well-being during the fourth trimester
This free class is taught by licensed clinical psychologist Candice Norcott, PhD, who specializes in reproductive health.