The University of Chicago Medicine Ingalls Memorial Hospital is a full-service community hospital positioned in Chicago’s Southland for nearly a century. Following its merger with UChicago Medicine in late 2016, Ingalls Memorial is also now firmly positioned at the forefront of healthcare.
Ingalls Memorial remains committed to preventing, diagnosing, treating and rehabilitating your illness and injury while continuing to advance our treatment of more complex conditions through close collaboration with UChicago Medicine’s team of world-class clinicians and researchers. This academic-powered, integrated approach has recently been adopted across specialty areas that include oncology, heart and vascular, orthopaedics, otolaryngology (ENT), women’s health, and digestive diseases. See a list of all the specialties at Ingalls Memorial.
In addition to inpatient care, our network of skilled community physicians provides an array of other services in convenient outpatient facilities, including on-site X-rays, mammography, laboratory services, cancer screening, other radiology services, and echo and stress testing.
Preparing for a Test, Procedure or Surgery
- Insurance cards - as listed for outpatient procedures below
- Photo ID
- Personal belongings - such as your bathrobe, slippers or contact lens case
- Telephone calling cards - you'll need a calling card to call outside eight miles of the Harvey calling area
- Small amount of cash - in case you want to buy a newspaper or snack
- Emergency contact phone number
- Depending on the test or procedure, it may be a good idea to have someone drive you home. Ask your doctor or nurse beforehand
- Large amounts of cash or credit cards
- Jewelry or other valuable items
- Blow dryers, laptop computers or other electrical appliances
Including primary and secondary insurances for the following:
- Private insurance
- Commercial insurance
- Health Maintenance Organization (HMO)
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
Physician orders or referrals
To make sure that we have all the information we need, physician orders should contain the following:
- Type of test ordered
- Listed signs and symptoms
- Physician signature
First, don't worry. If you're scheduled for an elective surgery (a surgery that's not an emergency,) you'll be contacted by customer advance services and Pre-admission testing to get pre-registered and to discuss any special instructions that you'll need to know for the procedure.
Second, bring your insurance card and photo ID to pre-registration and/or pre-admission testing.
And finally, the best way to mentally prepare yourself for the procedure is to talk to your doctor. If you have any questions during your pre-admission interview, feel free to talk to the pre-admission staff. If they can't answer your question, they'll find someone who can.
UChicago Medicine Ingalls Memorial provides a Patient Representative whose primary responsibility is to the patient. If you have issues or concerns about anything at Ingalls, from your care to your wheelchair, the Patient Representative can help.
- Helps when you or a family member has questions regarding Medical care, treatment or services provided at the hospital
- Serves as a liaison between patients, physicians, nurses and other leadership
- Functions as a neutral party to investigate problems and help find solutions
If you need a patient representative, you can call 708-915-5112. Patient representatives are available Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
For urgent matters that require assistance during the evenings, weekend or holidays, please call an Administrative Coordinator at 708-333-2300.
General Visiting Hours
Daily: 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Departments with Special Visiting Hours
- Cardiac surgery unit
- Intensive care unit/Critical care unit (ICU/CCU)
- Maternity suites
Call 708-333-2300 for special visiting hours.Stay up-to-date with our visiting hours and guidelines
Resources for Patients and Visitors at Ingalls Memorial Hospital
Directions and Wayfinding
If you find yourself lost, feel free to ask any UChicago Medicine Ingalls Memorial employee where the department is that you're looking for.
UChicago Medicine Ingalls Memorial main number 708-333-2300.
The Ingalls pharmacy makes every effort to ensure that medications are used safely and effectively for the best patient care. We serve newborn through geriatric patients in the hospital and in home care and professional office building settings.
For your convenience the Outpatient Pharmacy is open:
- Monday - Thursday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Friday, 8 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
You can purchase a wide range of gifts for patients staying at UChicago Medicine Ingalls Memorial, including balloons, candy, cards, flowers, jewelry, stuffed animals and more. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
To place an order, please call our gift shop at 708-915-5135.
For your convenience the gift shop is open:
- Monday - Thursday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Friday, 7 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sunday, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Serving Chicago's South Suburbs
Harvey, IL 60426 708-333-2300