How do I consult a physician or transfer a patient to the University of Chicago Medicine Comer Children’s Hospital?
For assistance, call 877-UC-KID-MD (877-825-4363).
Step 1: Gather patient information and complete the Comer Children’s new patient referral form.
- Name and date of birth of patient
- Current clinical condition
- Medical service(s) required
- Current location of the patient
- Contact information for the current physician
Step 2: Contact Comer Children’s in one of the following ways.
Call 877-UC-KID-MD (877-825-4363) and choose from the following options:
- Press 1 to initiate a pediatric transfer.
- Press 2 to consult with a subspecialist.
- Press 3 to refer and schedule a patient ambulatory appointment.
All patient transfer calls are facilitated by UChicago Medicine’s Aeromedical Network (UCAN) team and include both a transfer center nurse and a pediatric physician. Including appropriate team members on the initial phone call, streamlines the information gathering process and may only require this one point of contact.
Patient consultations are provided by an on-call attending physician. Comer Children’s also employs pediatric hospital medicine specialists who are on-call 24 hours a day to provide additional expertise.