A Study to Assess the Safety and Efficacy of Two Combinations of Isocitrate Dehydrogenase (IDH) Mutant Targeted Therapies Plus Azacitidine in Participants With Newly Diagnosed Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Harboring IDH Mutations Who Are Not Candidates to Receive Intensive Induction Chemotherapy
A Phase 1b/2 Open-Label, Randomized Study of 2 Combinations of Isocitrate Dehydrogenase (IDH) Mutant Targeted Therapies Plus Azacitidine: Oral AG-120 Plus Subcutaneous Azacitidine and Oral AG-221 Plus SC Azacitidine in Subjects With Newly Diagnosed Acute Myeloid Leukemia Harboring an IDH1 or an IDH2 Mutation, Respectively, Who Are Not Candidates to Receive Intensive Induction Chemotherapy
The purpose of this study are 1. to determine the recommended combination dose of AG-120 and AG-221 separately when administered with azacitidine and, 2. to investigate the safety, tolerability, and efficacy of the combinations of AG-120 with azacitidine and AG-221 with azacitidine versus with azacitidine alone in participants with acute myeloid leukemia (AML) with the isocitrate dehydrogenase (IDH) enzyme isoforms 1 or 2 mutations, respectively.
18 Years and up
Accepting Healthy Volunteers?
- Newly diagnosed, primary (ie, de novo) or secondary (progression of Myelodysplastic syndrome [MDS] or myeloproliferative neoplasms [MPN], or therapy-related) acute myeloid leukemia (AML) according to the WHO classification with ≥ 20% leukemic blasts in the bone marrow
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status of 0, 1 or 2
- Agree to serial bone marrow aspirate/biopsies
- Suspected or proven to have acute promyelocytic leukemia based on morphology, immunophenotype, molecular assay, or karyotype
- AML secondary to chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML)
- Received a targeted agent against an isocitrate dehydrogenase 1 (IDH1) or isocitrate dehydrogenase 2 (IDH2) mutation
- Has or is suspected of having central nervous system (CNS) leukemia. Evaluation of cerebrospinal fluid is only required if CNS involvement by leukemia is suspected during screening
Other protocol defined inclusion/exclusion criteria apply